- Theoretical documentation of the calculation bases (available only in german) (v3.3): SEILAPLAN_Dokumentation_v3.3.pdf
- Technical documentation of the plugin implementation (available only in german) (v3.3): SEILAPLAN_QGIS_Plugin_Doku.pdf
The algorithm calculates the optimum cable road layout on the basis of a digital elevation model between defined start and end coordinates as well as technical parameters. The position and height of the supports, as well as the most important characteristic values of the rope line are determined.
The plugin requires the following input data:
- Elevation model (all raster formats supported by QGIS) or longitudinal profile (CSV).
- Start and end point (can be drawn on the map or specified as coordinate pairs)
- Selection or definition of a cable crane type
Swiss Geo Downloader
Since spring 2021, the Swiss Federal Office of Topography swisstopo provides very accurate elevation data for free download. The data can be conveniently downloaded in QGIS using the QGIS plugin Swiss Geo Downloader.